A healthy salad, or a decadent sandwich? Both? Turns out, you can have your nuggets and eat them too in this wrapped up caesar.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 12 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup your preferred* mayo
- ½ cup your preferred* parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10”)
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 12 Nowadays Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place Nowadays Nuggets on a baking sheet & bake for 12 min. Remove from the oven & set aside.
- Combine garlic, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mayo, parmesan, black pepper, and ¼ salt in a bowl and whisk together into a dressing. Set aside.
- Gently warm the tortilla on the stove top or in the oven.
- Line the middle of each tortilla with 2 romaine leaves. Next, place 6 nuggets, 6 slices of avocado, & 4 spoonfuls of caesar dressing spread evenly.
- Gently but firmly tuck the edges over the sides & roll the tortilla forward onto itself creating a nice wrap. Repeat with the remaining ingredients for another wrap.
- Show off your wrapping skills @eatNowadays!
Allergens: Gluten, Allium, Dairy, Lemon
Elevate your plate: For an extra kick, add 1 Tbsp sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce). If you really want to get wild, experiment with tomatoes or different greens in place of romaine like kale, arugula, or even little gem.
*Your preferred: Nowadays, we prefer the deliciousness of plant-based milk & dairy products. Try them out if you haven’t already!
Did you know that you can make a deliciously simple parmesan cheese at home? Here’s how: In a food processor, combine ¾ cup raw cashews, 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp garlic powder, & ¾ tsp salt. Pulse until you reach a parmesan consistency, and then try not to hide it from everyone else at home.