Chicken Teriyaki Comforta-Bowl
It's November — queue all things cozy! Including this deliciously easy "chicken" teriyaki bowl. Fresh, umami, and wonderfully wholesome, it's a perfectly comforta-bowl way to end your day!
So don your slippers, kick up your feet, and settle in with this steaming bowl of goodness for a solid night of Netflix & chill. 🍜
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1½ cups short-grain white rice
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or minced
- 16 Nowadays Nuggets
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp plant-based butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 1 green onion, very thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- While oven preheats, in a medium saucepan combine rice & 1¾ cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, then take off heat & let sit, covered, 5 minutes more.
- In a small saucepan whisk together brown sugar & cornstarch, & gradually whisk in soy sauce & 2 tablespoons water. Whisk in ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil & thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- When oven is preheated, place Nowadays Nuggets on a baking sheet & bake for 12 minutes.
- While nuggets cook, in a steamer basket over 1” boiling water, steam broccoli, covered, until tender, 4-6 minutes.