Crispy Tacos with Fresh Pico de Gallo
The only thing more fun than a taco party? A nugget taco party! Nowadays nuggets meet up with corn tortillas, fresh cilantro, shredded cabbage, lime juice, and pico de gallo for a meal worth celebrating.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- ¾ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lime, freshly juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin seed
- 16 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 lime cut into wedges
- 1 bottle of your favorite hot sauce
- 8 Nowadays Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place Nowadays Nuggets on a baking sheet & bake for 12 min.
- Meanwhile, combine: tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, red onion, olive oil, lime juice, salt, & cumin. Mix well & set aside.
- Remove nuggets from the oven & set aside.
- Gently warm tortillas on the stove top or in the oven.
- Slice nuggets into ~3 pieces each. Place tortillas on a plate & line each tortilla with a few nugget pieces topped with a spoonful of pico de gallo, a pinch of cabbage, & a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Don't forget your hot sauce.
- Serve up some tasty taco realness on social media and tag us @eatNowadays!
Allergens: Gluten, Alliums, Cilantro, Nightshades, Citrus
Elevate your plate: Add ¼ cup of fresh diced Manila mangoes to the pico de gallo to make a mango salsa that deserves it’s own recipe page.