Elote Nugget Tacos
Taco Tuesday? Yes please! These nugget tacos are the perfect answer. Crunchy, juicy nuggets topped with a flavorful elote style salsa and finished with crumbly cheese, avocado, red onion and cilantro. Once you get started, these tacos will be hard to stop eating!
Cook Time: 30 min | Makes: 8 tacosIngredients
- 16-24 Nowadays Nuggets, cooked
- Fresh corn tortillas
- Vegan feta
- Avocado, sliced
- Red onion, finely diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Lime, wedges for serving
- 2 cups of corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos, finely chopped
- ¼ cup your preferred* mayo
- 1 TB fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Saute corn kernels, and jalapeno in a nonstick skillet for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until kernels begin to brown slightly. Season with salt & pepper.
- Allow the mixture to cool sightly.
- Once cooled down, stir in mayo, lime juice, chili powder and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble tacos by warming fresh corn tortillas and filling with crispy nuggets, avocado, top with elote salsa, vegan feta, red onion, cilantro and finish with a squeeze of lime.
*Your preferred: We prefer the deliciousness of plant-based milk & non-dairy products. Try them out if you haven’t already!