Looking for a quick and delicious holiday appetizer? These Holiday Crostini are the perfect addition to any gathering. Savory and smokey cream cheese with a fresh and nutty pesto pair perfectly with our crispy and juicy nuggets. Plus you can't go wrong with a little red and green at your holiday table!
Cook Time: 30 min | Makes: 24 pieces
- 12 Nowadays Nuggets
- 1 sourdough baguette, sliced into pieces
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomato cream cheese (recipe below)
- ½ cup of scallion-pecan pesto (recipe below)
- ½ cup of your preferred* mayo
Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Cheese:
- 7-8 oz. your preferred* cream cheese
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp agave
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup scallions, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted
- 2 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 TB lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 TB white wine vinegar
Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Cheese
- Add all cream cheese ingredients to a food processor and pulse until fully combined then process on high until mixture is creamy.
- Combine all pesto ingredients except for oil in a food processor, and pulse until mixture is combined. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil until the mixture forms a thick cohesive paste. Add a little additional water if needed to thin the pesto.
- Place bread slices in a 350º oven for 5-10 minutes until the edges begin to brown slightly. Do not over bake.
- Combine ½ cup of pesto with ½ cup of mayo to make a creamy pesto aioli.
- To assemble, spread on a layer of the sun dried tomato cream cheese, place a half of nugget (cut side down) onto the cream cheese. Dollop a bit of aioli on top of the nugget and garnish with a piece of sun dried tomato.
*Your preferred: Nowadays, we prefer the deliciousness of plant-based milk & dairy products. Try them out if you haven’t already!