In this crowdpleaser, Nowadays nuggets are kicked up a notch with a fast, easy, and delicious Korean-style sweet & sour sauce. It’s got honey and spice and everything nice. Just warning - unwanted guests may show up at your door ;)
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 3 Tbsp gochujang sauce (hot pepper sauce)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp scallion, sliced
- 12 Nowadays Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Remove Nowadays Nuggets from your freezer to thaw while you prepare the sauce.
- Combine gochujang, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chili flakes, and nutritional yeast in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil. Immediately bring down to a simmer.
- Simmer and reduce sauce until it’s thick like syrup (the sauce will begin to bubble intensely before it’s done). Set aside to cool.
- Place nuggets in the oven on a baking sheet and bake for 12 min. Then remove.
- In a metal mixing bowl, toss nuggets in cooled sauce until well-coated.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions on top.
- File away a picture of your sweet & sour in the infinite abyss of social media @eatNowadays!
Allergens: Sesame Seed, Gluten, Allium, Nightshade
Elevate your plate: To add a citrus twist to your sweet and sour, add 1 tsp of lemon zest, 1 tsp orange zest, 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp orange juice to the sauce when you remove it from heat.