Want to say good-bye to microwavable pot pies? 👋 We have you covered! With a little extra time, patience and love, you can enjoy a creamy, decadent, savory and crunchy creation. This tasty meal comes tucked into your own personal little package, you can't go wrong.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons your preferred* butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 10 oz frozen mixed veggies (carrots, peas, corn, green beans)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling the pastry
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup cashew cream (blend ½ cup cashews with 1 cup water)
- 1 TB chopped fresh herbs (combination thyme, rosemary and sage)
- 20 Nowadays Nuggets, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Melt butter in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat, add onions and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes until soften and translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Add flour over onions and garlic and cook until no longer powdery and white. Once incorporated, slowly add vegetable broth, stirring constantly as it thickens and avoid lumps.
- Add in herbs, salt & pepper, lemon juice, cashew cream and frozen veggies. Stir until mixture begins to bubble.
- Roll out puff pastry dough, sprinkling with flour as needed, and cut into rounds 1-2” larger than your serving oven proof bowls.
- Stir in crispy, chopped nuggets to filling mixture.
- Add about 1 cup of filling to each bowl. (Use 8-10oz ramekins).
- Top with puff pastry and cut a slit in the top center so steam can escape.
- Press pastry around the edges to the bowl and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with flaked salt and ground pepper.
- Bake pies for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
NOTE: You can make a family style by placing all filling into a 9” baking dish and top with pastry.
*Your preferred: at Nowadays, we prefer the deliciousness of plant-based milk & non-dairy products. Try them out if you haven’t already!