Saucy Po’ Boy Sandwich
We’d tell you this sandwich is fancy—using French words like remoulade—but all you really need to know is this easy sandwich is full of saucy goodness and crispy nuggets.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup of your preferred* mayo
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 4 fresh rolls (French or hoagie)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 pickle slices
- 24 Nowadays Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place nuggets on a baking sheet & bake for 12 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remoulade sauce: combine minced red onion, capers, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chili powder, & mayo. Set aside.
- Slice rolls in half lengthwise & toast under the broiler. Set aside.
- Assemble your sandwich! Spread the remoulade on both sides of the toasted roll. Then place hot nuggets on the bottom. On top, place sliced tomato, lettuce, pickles & red onion. Add the remaining bun and enjoy!
- Share your open-faced masterpiece with us @eatNowadays!
Allergens: Gluten, Allium, Egg, Lemon, NightShade
Elevate your plate: Fry thawed Nowadays Nuggets on medium heat for 3 min on both sides in peanut oil, a very common cooking oil in Louisiana, to bring a taste of the Bayou into your kitchen. Or you could add 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning to your remoulade to really spice up the flavor.
*Your preferred: Nowadays, we prefer the deliciousness of plant-based milk & dairy products. Try them out if you haven’t already!