We’d tell you this sandwich is fancy—using French words like remoulade—but all you really need to know is this easy sandwich is full of saucy goodness and crispy nuggets.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup of your preferred* mayo
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 4 fresh rolls (French or hoagie)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 pickle slices
- 24 Nowadays Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place nuggets on a baking sheet & bake for 12 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remoulade sauce: combine minced red onion, capers, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chili powder, & mayo. Set aside.
- Slice rolls in half lengthwise & toast under the broiler. Set aside.
- Assemble your sandwich! Spread the remoulade on both sides of the toasted roll. Then place hot nuggets on the bottom. On top, place sliced tomato, lettuce, pickles & red onion. Add the remaining bun and enjoy!
- Share your open-faced masterpiece with us @eatNowadays!
Allergens: Gluten, Allium, Egg, Lemon, NightShade
Elevate your plate: Fry thawed Nowadays Nuggets on medium heat for 3 min on both sides in peanut oil, a very common cooking oil in Louisiana, to bring a taste of the Bayou into your kitchen. Or you could add 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning to your remoulade to really spice up the flavor.
*Your preferred: Nowadays, we prefer the deliciousness of plant-based milk & dairy products. Try them out if you haven’t already!