We were going to call this a Dill-lightful Spring Fondue, but we thought it was too cheesy 🤣. Really though, this fondue is no joke, its velvety, creamy, tangy with the right hint of herbs to really make it feel like spring has sprung!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6-8Ingredients
- ¼ c refined coconut oil
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 c white wine (for non-alcoholic use veggie broth)
- 2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp lactic acid (1 TB white vinegar)
- ¼ c nutritional yeast
- 2 TB miso paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pinches white pepper
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB lemon zest
- 2 TB fresh dill
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add coconut oil and sauté shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add wine to pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, combine shallot and garlic mixture with the cashews, water, lactic acid or vinegar, nutritional yeast, miso, salt & pepper. Blend for several minutes until mixture is completely smooth.
- Add mixture back into sauce pan and cook over low-medium heat stirring constantly as the fondue heats up and begins to thicken.
- Once thick and bubbly add in lemon juice, lemon zest, dill and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot with assorted veggies, bread, fruits and of course Nuggets!