It's time to cozy up with a warm winter nugget bowl. This creamy and rich holiday bowl is filled with a sweet potato mash with touches of cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with crispy nuggets and the most decadent sage gravy. One bite and you will be transported to a winter wonderland. ❄️ You're welcome!
Cook Time: 30 min | Makes: 2 bowls
- 10-12 Nowadays Nuggets
- Pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Sage leaves, fried
- Sweet potato mash (recipe below)
- Sage gravy (recipe below)
Sweet Potato Mash:
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 TB your preferred* butter
- ¼ cup your preferred* milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup cashews, raw
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 TB nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- White pepper to taste
- Steam sweet potatoes for 20 minutes until soft and tender.
- While sweet potatoes are steaming, prepare your gravy. Combine all gravy ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are ready combine with butter, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mash* until smooth and creamy. PRO TIP: Use a potato ricer for a smoother mash.
- Finish Gravy by placing the contents in a blender, and blend until completely smooth and creamy. The sauce will thicken into a gravy. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Serve half of the sweet potato mash with 5-6 nuggets and smother with sage gravy. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and fried sage leaves. Dig in and enjoy!
*Your preferred: Nowadays, we prefer the deliciousness of plant-based milk & dairy products. Try them out if you haven’t already!