The short version:
- Why: Nowadays is a new plant-based meat company launching its first product into the market direct-to-consumer. We care deeply about relationships and need someone to manage the community we’re building. This is a key role that will work closely with our co-founders and marketing team.
- What: You act as the voice, tone, and moderator of the brand through community support, content distribution, and digital engagement to build brand presence and trust, both online and in person.
- Who: You love people and food, and the magical moments when both meet. You have amazing organizational and communication skills as well as a positive attitude. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable building systems from scratch.
Nowadays is a new venture-backed plant-based meat company making clean-label foods that are as healthy for you as they are for the planet. Nowadays is on a mission to make healthful decisions easier for families looking to satisfy cravings without making any sacrifices. Nowadays is launching its first product—a 7-ingredient nugget with the cleanest ingredient list and best nutritional profile of any nugget on the market—in May 2021 D2C. All Nowadays products will have a short and familiar ingredient list as well as an unrivaled nutrition label. The company is a public benefit corporation (PBC).
As Community Engagement Manager, you’ll be reporting to one of the co-founders and working closely alongside our head of marketing. You’ll be responsible for growing an engaged community of Nowadays customers by driving an impactful social media strategy and engaging in 1:1 dialog with our customers across all touch points.
This role has two primary responsibilities: building a community of brand loyalists and ensuring every customer has a positive experience interacting with the brand.
- Community engagement: You’ll be responsible for co-creating and implementing our social media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts.
- Customer experience: You’ll empower and celebrate our customers on their journey to indulging better with Nowadays products across all brand touchpoints.
- Manage social media strategy (including influencer partnership) and content calendar with Nowadays Head of Marketing.
- Manage all social media accounts and facilitate growth including (but not limited to) Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, Clubhouse.
- Support in strategy, communications, and management of Influencer partnerships.
- Define and measure the success of social media campaigns and influencer marketing campaigns.
- Develop enticing content focused on our product, our mission, and the joy of nourishment — let your creativity shine!
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media best practices, innovative tactics, and new technologies.
- Engage with our customers and community across all social media channels and email to resolve issues, questions, and concerns while providing relevant feedback to the internal team to help inform product and service decisions.
- Vet, implement and manage a best-in-class CRM software to support our direct customer communications.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A love for social media, with 5 years of experience managing and growing organic social accounts.
- Interest (if not direct experience) in customer service, experience, and success.
- Experience producing social content (both text and graphic) first-hand with a strong visual eye.
- Experience using design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud & Canva, email service providers like Klaviyo, analytics tracking in Google Analytics, and digital tools such as Shopify, Slack, Zoom, and the full G-Suite.
- Excellent communicator, especially in written communications and on social media.
- A creative mindset (we’re ready to support your wild ideas!) & a passion for sustainable food.
- Community builder: You love interacting with people and get energy from building a sense of community. You thrive in others' success and want to be part of building something greater than yourself.
- Social-forward: You’re extroverted, and you feel native on social media platforms. Communicating on and building relationships in social platforms come naturally to you. You’re excited to be the voice of a brand externally.
- Bias toward action: You take thoughtful action without access to 100% of the information. You don’t just make plans; you get stuff done. You love solving problems for people. If you don’t know what to do next, you do something.
- Problem-solver: You rarely see barriers; just problems you haven’t solved yet. You love the opportunity to find new solutions and improve existing processes. You’re always learning and improving.
- Organized: You’re effective at prioritizing your time and managing multiple, competing tasks with tight deadlines. You can juggle multiple balls in the air at once (extra points if you can literally do this!).
- Comfort with ambiguity: If you have questions, you find answers. If you don’t see a pathway in front of you, you make one.
- Humble: No job is too small. You find satisfaction in doing an amazing job with not just the big, exciting stuff but also with the small, annoying, nitty-gritty stuff.
- Sense of humor: You can laugh at yourself (and with others).
Trajectory for the role:
We are a small and mighty team with grand ambitions to have an impact at scale. You’ll be joining a high-growth startup very early, meaning there’ll be ample opportunities to learn new skills, challenge yourself, and grow into a role with more responsibility in a short span of time. We make hiring decisions based on the long-term potential of your growth with the company.
Nowadays believes you should have the necessary experience and passion to excel in this role, regardless of ethnicity, belief system or religion, family structure, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, diet, or anything else that makes you, you.
Nowadays offers competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and more. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor employment visas for this job. This is a remote role starting with a contract that will convert to a full-time position after 1 month.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter sharing why you’re the best person in the world for this job along with a resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Community Engagement Manager.”
We’d also love to hear your most vivid nugget memory — either positive or negative!